Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Today is Boxing day.

Wow. What a Christmas it has been for me. Ever since I've decided to not wallow in self-pity and wait endlessly for that phone call which never came, I feel liberated. The company of close ones do have a healing power no magical spell can surpass.

It has been ages since I last played with sparklers and I did on Christmas Eve! I was so eager to play with it that I threw away any ounce of embarrassment I possessed and took off my pair of mustard coloured suede heels and walked barefoot. Why, one can't expect me to wear heels on the rocks by the river right. Besides, it felt refreshing to walk on the rough cemented pavement. Total foot massage. Unfortunately, we did not manage to create the mini-bomb that we were planning to make as the lighter ran out of gas. Haha. Such an extremely anti-climax moment there. Little Fockers was disappointing but I guess the fact that I was already tired by then may have clouded my judgment. Christmas is not special without presents so I managed to make one happy by giving one to a new friend right after midnight! Yay! Happy. :)

On Christmas day itself, I met up with old girlfriends whom I thought would still be mad at me for being so MIA for the past 3 years. To my surprise, they took my apology really well and gosh, how I love them! Seriously, I have never laughed so much (and loudly) for so long. It was really awesome to see them once again. :) Furthermore, a fall-out with one member of the group and after the brunch date, meeting up with that member made me realize how powerful and disastrous ambition can be to the mind. It may just lead one to throw away friendships lasting a decade, claiming that they will stain their path to success. I felt really sad when I realized that under all that ambiguity she was portraying in her sentences, the previous sentence was what she really meant. Friends, no matter how simple-minded they are, have their own self-worth and one has no right to demean that. I have never felt that way towards them and I hope I never will as they are too special to me.

Love is in the air this Christmas. Especially for my bestie. I am extremely happy for her as whenever she speaks of that special someone in her life, her smile is so radiant that she looks like a blushing bride even with a healing scar on her neck after an operation.

What about me, you ask? Well, I do wish I have that special someone whom I know I can spend the rest of my life with but special people are around me now whom I care about and I know they care about me too. I cannot ask for more and instead just pray for their happiness always. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment