Friday, December 31, 2010

さよなら2010年;お正月おめでとう!


New Year's Eve.

I can safely say that 2010 was not the year for me in terms of sports and matters of the heart. I took a 6 month hiatus from sports due to my half a year internship and honestly, getting it all back was terribly hard. However, I did the best that I could during that short span of time and I am glad I did not give up even though it was terribly painful. Especially when you were nursing a broken heart and struggling to catch up in the academia arena. Barren as the meadow may have become at that moment, with much needed water, sunlight and love from friends and family, my favourite flowers bloomed once again. White daisies, pink tulips, red roses with a spattering of daffodils swaying softly as the wind blows gently made me feel motivated to pick myself up again.

Indian summer. Meeting someone who is of the same frequency at an unexpected place and knowing each other personally for only 3 solid days sounds absurd. But without a doubt, exhilarating. I still reminisce of the fun we had together but again, it is time to move on. Futility in waiting as it only makes me miserable.

Unlike an undercover agent who is on a mission, I am on a mission to re-connect with old friends whom I have neglected and make new friends to surround myself with all the emotions available in the world. Being alone for quite some time, I forgot how it felt like to have many around me instead of only one. The multitude of emotions envelops me every day. Surprisingly, it comforts me as its presence means I am not alone. Now I know why geriatrics fear being alone, being sick alone, dying alone. I strive to be like my grandmother, who surrounds herself with her friends, acquaintances and family daily after my grandfather passed on, and keeps herself occupied with ikebana, dancing, theatre acting classes and whatever activities available at the community club she frequents. She's awesome.

Thank you 2010. I have learnt much from you. Now, cheers to 2011, success in my career search and to long-lasting friendships/companionship I'll treasure always.

1 comment:

  1. May 2011 be a good one for u. I'm sure it will:) In retrospect, mine wasnt even worth saying it out here. ha. I wish u all the best for the year ahead! When one door closes another opens!

    ps i actually googled ikebana. cool. i wud prefer bonsai instead.

    ReplyDelete